RAYMOND – Departmental awards at Hinds Community College were given to 34 students in academic, technical and career programs in a ceremony April 15 at Cain-Cochran Hall on the Raymond Campus.
Recipients present at the event were photographed with Hinds Community College President Dr. Clyde Muse and department heads and others who presented plaques.
Six award recipients not pictured during the ceremony were:
- William Anderson, of Yazoo City, who won an Outstanding Student Award for Computer Science Technology
- Classie Bradford, of Jackson, who won an Associated Student Government Award for the Utica Campus
- Kadaymen Johnson, of Jackson, who won an Associated Student Government Award for the Rankin Campus
- Rachel Rhett, of Vicksburg, who won an Outstanding Student Award for General Studies
- William White, of Bloomington, Ill., who won an Outstanding Student Award for IST-Network Security Technology
- Gabrielle Whitesides, of Brandon, who won an Outstanding Student Award for Child Development Technology
One award was given from each department of study to 35 students from Hinds’ six campuses overall. Recipients for programs taught at more than one location are selected by the combined faculty from the locations.